Some ideas for a story

I think writing is an important tool. It's not just a way to make yourself known, but also to grow and test yourself.

I would like writing to become a way for you to stimulate imagination, to talk about the problems you observe around you, to imagine solutions, even absurd ones, but still solutions that try to modify reality.

I would like what you write to also inspire drawings. So that you can have fun and try your hand at illustrating your story.

I thought it's easier to foster fantasy by imagining being different.

Imagine that you are an animal, an animal that you like, that is not too difficult for you to draw.

It can be a lizard, an ant, a snake, a bird, an octopus or a jellyfish. But also an elephant or a dinosaur, or a flying dragon.   You could decide on anything, even a plant, a spirit, a ghost or an object.

Now imagine that your animal has one or two strange superpowers: it can shrink or grow, it can teleport objects, it can hear what people think, or it can fly, or become invisible, it can travel to the past or the future... Think about something strange.

Then start creating your story by having yourself be the animal or what you thought. With his superpower.

Your character sees the problems you have, and tries to help you, or plays pranks on you, maybe makes a mistake...


The story can evolve little by little, you could start by introducing your character. I'll give you an example to help you understand better:


I'm Jim, I'm a very colorful little flea. For years I thought I was a normal flea, just a little strange because of my colors. Then one day the person I was bothering started scratching and trying to kill me. I got very angry, and the angrier I got the more I grew. I grew so much that I became as big as a ladybug. Then as big as an egg, it hadn't been long before I had already become as big as a chicken. At a certain point I found myself being as big as a giraffe. I looked at the terrified person who was scratching before, and told him shouting: will you stop? You almost killed me! ...


Now that you have introduced your character, you can make him interact with the world, unleash your imagination and make him do anything... or almost anything!

Comments

Popular Posts